Re: CSS Parsed Unambiguously

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 12:31:00 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> This would fail the contrast SC wouldn't it?.

Black and yellow provide excellent contrast so there's no problem there. The
problem lies in how the browsers interpret the CSS.

> Where did you find this by the way?

I've seen this sort of problem before but don't have a URL handy. Here's an
example file:
http://checker.atrc.utoronto.ca/docs/file5.html
It looks much different in IE than Firefox.

If we use the interpretation of "parsed unambiguously" to mean only grammar
errors as Christophe suggested then the CSS is OK. If we use a  more strict
interpretation like the W3C's CSS validator uses then this CSS would fail.

It seems like what really affects accessibility is the more strict
interpretation. But however we interpret "parsed unambiguously" with regard
to CSS it should not be at level 1.

Cheers,
Chris