Re: CSS Parsed Unambiguously

From: Tina Holmboe <tina@greytower.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 18:16:23 +0200
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

On Mon, Jun 12, 2006 at 10:10:09AM -0500, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:

> No

  No ... what? I'm afraid I don't quite follow which of the items you
  say no to. It would be very helpful if you could follow standard
  quoting conventions, as it prevents context-loss. Thank you in
  advance.

> Black text on black background is not going to ship.   And is not an
> accessibility problem.  People with disabilities and using AT are actually
> at an advantage, not disadvantage.

  Finding a use-case for this is relatively simple. A legally blind person
  employing a screen magnification device. Black on black WILL be a problem
  for this disabled user despite AT - UNLESS we are to assume that ALL
  disabled users turn off or modify stylesheets?

  It is also a problem for other users. I am well, and sadly, aware of the
  WCAG restriction to disabilities, but that does not alter reality.

--
 -       Tina Holmboe                           Greytower Technologies
       tina@greytower.net                      http://www.greytower.net