RE: CSS Parsed Unambiguously

Sorry Tina,  was rushing and shouldn't have.

You asked the question
" So, basically, we /do/ have a case of what I asked last week: a stylesheet
  can pass SC 4.1.1 and be harmful to accessibility - both at the same time.
  There is a problem here, isn't there?"

I was saying that that would result in black text on a black background -
something that no-one could read (except people with screen readers).
Accessibility is about problems that people with disabilities have that
others do not.

So this wouldn't be an accessibility problem.

But we are very interested in this problem / issue.

What we need are examples of things that really happen, (real accessibility
problems happening on the web), that do not violate other SC we already
have. (this one for example - if it weren't black on black but say black on
dark blue) would violate our contrast SC.  Not at the same level - but the
group decided that bad contrast was not a L1 issue.

Also, we want to be sure that we don't require more than is required for
access.

Thanks

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.