RE: FIELDSET and LEGEND - WCAG2 Conformance Example Files

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 15:19:04 -0500
To: "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>, "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Chris asked:

Other than using fieldset and legend, is there any way to create labels
that can be "programmatically determined" to be associated with a group
of
checkboxes?
</blockquuote>

Not in HTML, but take a look at the <select> element in XFORMS.
(http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice8.html#ui-selectMany)
John
"Good design is accessible design"
John Slatin, Director
Accessibility Institute University of Texas at Austin 1 University
station Stop G9600
Austin, TX 78712, USA
Phone +1.512.495.4288 Fax +1.512.495.4524 cell +1.512.784.7533
email jslatin@austin.utexas.edu
www.utexas.edu/research/accessibility/