Re: Common failures and baseline

Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
> Johannes Koch wrote:
> as you did not comment on this, I assume, my reading is right.
>
> GV: THIS APPEARS CORRECT IF I UNDERSTAND YOU.

OK, thanks.

> Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
>  > If conformance with a success criterion  depends on it - yes.  It  >
> would fail twice.  Once for relying on a technology not in the  > baseline,
> and once for triggering the failure. If the content can  > conform without
> the technology (and it doesn't interfere) then it  > could still conform.
>
> So the baseline has an influence on the "sufficiency" of a _technique_ to
> _pass_ a SC, but it has no influence on the "sufficiency" of a _failure_ to
> _fail_ a SC?
>
> GV: NO.  THAT IS NOT WHAT THE SENTENCE ABOVE SAYS. READ THE LAST SENTENCE.

I did read the last sentence ("If the content can conform without the
technology (and it doesn't interfere) then it could still conform.").
The word baseline does not appear there. So I assumed, the baseline
itself has no influence on the sufficiency to fail. Why should something
be a common failure if the content conforms without the technology and
does not interfere?
--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)