RE: Missing criteria from WCAG 2.0?

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 14:15:19 -0600
To: "'Bailey, Bruce'" <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Cc: "'Roberto Scano \(IWA/HWG\)'" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
 Bruce had written:

*       So if i'm an user with mobility disability and i've set on my OS
stiky keys,
> the Java enviroment should apply this also inside the applet

Agreed, that is what *should* happen, and it does most of the time, but not
*every* case I don't believe.

I don't think there is any way for the Java Applet to override stickykeys.
It should be in its security sandbox and unable to read hardware directly.

   It should look exactly like standard keyboard operation to the Java
Applet as far as I can determine.

Java applications can - but not Java Applets I don't think.

Any Java Applet experts  out there?   Can an applet get keystrokes from
lower levels in the OS than the output of the keyboard handling routines
(where StickyKeys is implemented)?

Gregg