RE: Navigational features

From: Bailey, Bruce <Bruce.Bailey@ed.gov>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 12:46:21 -0500
To: "Guide Lines list" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
> They cannot be programmatically determined as being headers.
> (Due to definition of programmatically determined.)

As a point of reference, I have a bachelors degree in computer science from a decent school, and have been posting to the IG since at least 1998.  I regret that I have not sufficiently grokked the meaning behind “programmatically determined.”  I find this a little a little frustrating, but perhaps it is just me?  In particular, how is that phrase differentiated from my second favorite gem, “parsed unambiguously”?

Thanks.