RE: Navigational features

From: Jim Thatcher <jim@jimthatcher.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 14:38:18 -0600
To: "'Ben Caldwell'" <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I cave. Thanks for thinking about it.

Jim

Accessibility Consulting: http://jimthatcher.com/
512-306-0931

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Ben Caldwell
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 2:19 PM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Navigational features

I don't think a class name on a non-heading element is enough to meet
this SC with our definition of programmatically determined because there
aren't any user agents (or assistive technologies) that are able to
identify an element with a randomly selected class name as a heading (or
any other type of structure).

So, in Jim's example, my feeling is that these items should be marked as
headings in order to meet the SC.

-Ben