RE: downloads

Gregg,

	I think the original definition supplied in the editorial note
needs clarification.
	To differentiate "web content" from "stand alone software" or
"other products" that are "downloaded over the internet".

	My input:
	1. I don't think how the web content is downloaded is a required
attribute of this discussion. We could have a user agent working over a
serial port, infra-red wireless connection or any other networking
medium. It doesn't have to be an Intranet or an Internet. Just to
clarify the network is not the content.
	2. What confusion could a reader have in thinking "stand alone
software or other products" are required to conform? Upon inspection one
would find there isn't the basic code that matches web content (e.g., a
java application, a downloadable calculator program) unless they were
based on W3C technology recommendations.
	3. Your original note included "data, software or other
data...are not viewed by a user agent then they are not considered Web
content...". I caution that since I can have data that is in web content
format or software that is in web content formats as well there is need
to revise and clarify.

	Unless you want to move to have the guidelines cover all
software generically then I think the answer would involve tying the
definition of (web) content to W3C technologies or specifications.

	Regards,

	Norman Robinson