From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG)
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 2:44 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Summary of arguements FOR validity -- and another against --
and a third of alternatives

I think we are going wrong with FOR and AGAINST.

Gl 4.1 said:
"Guideline 4.1 Use technologies according to specification."

The problem are some:
- how can said in *any* level that for accessibility is possible to violate
specification?
- how we define specification? with the always used Flash example (Bob, i'm
no against you but is a real case), shall *win* w3c specification or vendor
specification? And where ends the vendor specifications? In the object
(flash, quicktime, java) or also in the object integration inside w3c markup
languages?

So, imho, the problem eventually are the requirements of gl 4.1, and not
markup validity.