RE: Validity

From: Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:18:50 +0100
To: <bregan@macromedia.com>, <gez.lemon@gmail.com>, <akirkpatrick@macromedia.com>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Bob Regan"<bregan@macromedia.com>
    Inviato: 04/11/05 15.59.51
    A: "Gez Lemon"<gez.lemon@gmail.com>, "Andrew Kirkpatrick"<akirkpatrick@macromedia.com>, "WCAG WG mailing list"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: RE: Validity

    The specific reference here is related to use of <embed> with Flash.
    Recently, there has been activity around creating code that embeds Flash
    content in a page that follows standards. From a validity standpoint, it
    works great. However, there is a negative consequence here, this valid
    markup renders the Flash content inaccessible using that screen reader.
    After a few chats with the AT maker, it is clear that a simple fix is
    not forthcoming.

Roberto:
that's all folks!
Here in Italy we said: "o Mangi la minestra o salti dalla finestra" (you must eat the soup otherwise go through the window).
So you confirm that is an user agent issue, not a web content issue.
I hope the Vendor will find a solution before 2006.