RE: Technology specific techniques

The only difference you have is that the words "listed below" are removed.
I'm not sure that changes things except to make it unclear where they would
look.  Ah,  I see what you are getting at.

Hmmm

Please note that those are the only techniques that can be used for the
section where this sentence lies.   This sentence is in the section that
says the following options are deemed sufficient.  That sufficiency is based
on the list of techniques that are in the guide doc.  You can use other
techniques - but they are not necessarily deemed sufficient by the WG.  And
the working group can deem that things not listed are part of what they
considered sufficient since they didn't consider them at the time.

So it is true that other things can be used.  But other things can't be used
if the reader wants to use the "sufficiency" statements in the guide doc.

So in that section the words "listed below" are accurate and necessary.  But
we may have to change the front of the sentence to limit the use of the list
to just the sufficiency statements so that we do not give the impression
that you have identified as potential.

That said, lets see......

How about

"The technology specific techniques included in these sufficiency statements
are listed below.  Choose one that matches the technology you are using."

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center