Re: Recommended practice for count images?

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:03:12 +0200 (MEST)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> I think these count images are examples of images not used to convey
> information. The non-disabled user does not perceive these pixels, so
> neither should a person with a disability.
>
> Personally, I think alt="" is a good solution for this. Why do you think
> that is suboptimal?

Because there are user-agents indicating that there just is an image (which
we know might be frustrating). Ah, most interesting is that automated test
tools should address this anyway, too - or am I wrong remembering tools
which ever and ever again criticize empty "alt" attributes?

Hmm.

--
Jens Meiert
Information Architect