Re: R: NEW: Issue #1544

On 13 Aug, lguarino@adobe.com wrote:

> Let us hypothesize a baseline that includes Flash. Today, that
> probably means an environment where all users are guaranteed access
> to Window + IE +  JAWS or WindowEyes. If content in that environment

  This is an excellent illustration of the dangers that the "baseline"
  idea in WCAG 2 poses.

  In Sweden, where I live but have given up on working, the predominant
  idea is that every disabled person with need will be provided with a
  computer, a version of Windows, a version of Internet Explorer, and a
  version of - typically - JAWS, for free.

  Several studies, none to my knowledge translated, indicate that this
  is not entirely correct; and critique has been raised since the
  assumption also dictate policy.

  But perhaps these two issues - baseline and validity - are not as
  disjointed as it seems.

  Are we really going to send the message that a baseline can be
  adopted that do not include "valid HTML"[*] as one requirement, and
  would WCAG survive as a trustworthy resource if we did?

 [*]
  Just for the record, I'd like to add that a markup language with
  EMBED in it is all well and good, but it isn't HTML.

   [+46] 0708 557 905