[techs] Table Summary Tests (111, 112, 113, 114, 203)

From: Chris Ridpath <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:09:01 -0400
To: "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

to HTML table summaries:

Test 111 - All data table elements have a summary attribute.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test111.html

Test 112 - All data table summaries contain text.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test112.html

Test 113 - All data table summaries are greater than 10 printable
characters.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test113.html

Test 203 - All data table summaries describe the purpose and structure of
the table.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test203.html

Test 114 - All layout tables have an empty summary or no summary.
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test114.html

There's been a lot of discussion regarding table summaries on the lists:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2004AprJun/0806.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2003JulSep/0267.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2003AprJun/0213
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2005JanMar/0075
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2004OctDec/0346
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ig/2004JulSep/0464.html
etc.

We currently don't have a test for long table summaries but I can add one if
people think it necessary.

I propose we take all these tests to a poll.

Cheers,
Chris