Meaning of 3.2 L3 SC2

From: Johannes Koch <koch@w3development.de>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 16:36:25 +0200
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hi,

I thought about the meaning of 3.2 L3 SC2

   <q>Changes of context are initiated only by user action.</q>

with "change of context" being

   <q>A change of user agent, viewport, user interface controls,
   or focus; or complete change of content</q>

with respect to (X)HTML content.

I don't think this is meant to allow every change of context with each
user action. So I produced a table with several user actions and
permissible changes of context. See attached text file. What do you think?
--
Johannes Koch
                             (Te Deum, 4th cent.)

3.2 L3 SC2: Changes of context are initiated only by user action.

change of context: A change of user agent, viewport, user interface controls,
or focus; or complete change of content

                  |                   may change
user action       | user agent | viewport | UI controls | focus | content
------------------+------------+----------+-------------+-------+--------
tab through links |            |          |             |   x   |
------------------+------------+----------+-------------+-------+--------
activate link     |    (x) 1   |     x 2  |             |   x   |   x
------------------+------------+----------+-------------+-------+--------
tab through form  |            |          |             |   x   |
  controls        |            |          |             |       |
------------------+------------+----------+-------------+-------+--------
select option     |            |          |             |   x   |
fill form control |            |          |             |       |
submit form       |            |          |             |   x   |   x
reset form        |            |          |             |   x   |
hover with mouse  |            |          |             |       |

1) Content that cannot be handled by current UA (external player)
2) Resource-internal navigation -> automatic scrolling