Re: Challenges on JavaScript Techniques

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:32:21 +0200
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

I think this is why  we are adding roles

now we could let you say

<form action="somewhere.php" xhtml2:role = "wairoles:validate"
onsumbit="return validate()">

That should make everyone happy

Best

Lisa

On 7/11/05, Peter-Paul Koch <pp.koch@gmail.com> wrote:

> Separation of behaviour and structure means
>
> WRONG: <form action="somewhere.php" onsumbit="return validate()">
>
> RIGHT: <form action="somewhere.php" id="validate">
>
> window.onload = function () {
>   document.getElementById('validate').onsubmit = validate;

No, This is not right, firstly it will error in many browsers, errors
are not accessible.

Secondly, it will mean that the documents behaviour will differ
between different loads of the document, inconsistency is not
accessible.

so whilst talking about seperation may be useful, changing the
behaviour of a page onload, or throwing script errors is not.

Jim.