Words in place of optional

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:11:45 +0200
To: wai-gl <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I am a bit concerned with using the word optional for techniques that do
not map to  success criteria.

Some techniques are less important and hence can be marked as optional.
However a lot of important techniques for the accessibility of the
content do not map to success criteria  because they are hard to test etc...

I think labeling them optional makes important techniques sound
unimportant . I would prefer a term such as preferred , encouraged or
advanced techniques.

All teh best

Lisa Seeman