Re: [techs] tests 51 - title

From: <Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 14:19:33 -0500
To: "WAI WCAG List" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Chris,

One of the incorrect examples for test 51 shows an "empty" title with just
a space and states that the example,   "Will fail the test. (title element
contains only whitespace.)". But, the expected results for the test just
says that the title must not be empty - technically it is not empty
because it contains a space.  I know this whitespace issue has come up
with other tests.  Do we have a definition of "empty" that includes
whitespace?  If not, I think we need to update the expected results of
this test to indicate that whitespace is not allowed or move this
whitespace example to test #54 that states that the title must describe
the document.

thanks,
-becky

Becky Gibson