[techs] Techniques Teleconference 02 February 2005

From: Michael Cooper <michaelc@watchfire.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 18:05:46 -0500
To: "WAI GL \(E-mail\)" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

The Techniques teleconference is scheduled for Wednesday, 02 February from
15:00 to 17:00 UTC:
  * 16:00 to 18:00 Central Europe
  * 10:00 to 12:00 North American Eastern
  * 7:00 to 9:00 North American Pacific
  * 2:00 to 4:00 (Thursday) Australian Eastern

The conference information is:

+1-617-761-6200
Passcode 92248
IRC server irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #wai-wcag

AGENDA

* Finish review of alt text test files [1]
* Review Fasttrack tests [2]
* Review proposal to close issues 734 and 739 [3]
* Requirements for checklists & techniques [4]
* Action item reminder

A couple questions for the requirements discussion:

* Should we create tests only for things required for WCAG conformance, or also for optional?
* Should test cases inherit their priorities from techniques, or should we assign priority to test cases?
* Should the upcoming public draft of test cases focus on an in depth treatment of a particular subset of the guidelines, e.g., 1.1, or should we attempt to provide at least some coverage for everything?

[1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/checkstatus.html#alttests
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JanMar/0341.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005JanMar/0357.html
[4] http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-wcag2-tech-req-20050202.html