  From: Gregg Vanderheiden
  To: 'Lisa Seeman' ; 'Yvette P. Hoitink' ; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
  Sent: Sunday, December 19, 2004 8:16 PM
  Subject: RE: Call to embrace new technologies (Was: RE: issue with
Guideline 4.2 )

  Thanks Lisa

      This is good to note.   If invokable by users - then these servers
become user agents and there would be user agents that support.

  If invoked by web sites themselves, they become part of what the website
is serving so their effect is included in the 'delivery unit'.

  So these server techniques can be used two ways to solve the problem.

  The problem then comes down to when there are no transcoding servers to
change the technology into accessible technology

  .

  Gregg

  Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
  Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.