Re: WCAG 2.0 Test Suite

From: Gez Lemon <gl@juicystudio.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 19:46:04 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Hi Chris,

> The test suite for the WCAG 2.0 is now available for public viewing at:
> http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/
> Please take a look and post your comments to this list.

I think the test suite would be better if the DOCTYPE of the examples HTML
4.01 Strict rather than a transitional DOCTYPE. I appreciate that a
transitional DOCTYPE is a legal DOCTYPE, but the spirit of a transitional
DOCTYPE is to help developers make a transition from HTML 3.2 to either HTML
4.01, or XHTML 1.0. Also, the examples I've looked at mix XHTML in an HTML
transitional DOCTYPE.

Best regards,

Supplement your vitamins
Keeping developers informed!