Re: techniques for understandable content

From: Lisa Seeman <lisa@ubaccess.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:20:27 +0200
To: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>, WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> And here we have further evidence that self-proclaimed LD advocates want
> to overthrow the Web as we know it.

Just a side track hear, I have no wish to change the way people write or the
web as we know it.

I do very much want to include and communicate with many more people, such
as people who communicate in Bliss and have language disabilities.

That is why we are working on Semantic web based adaptation of content. So
that authors can write the way they wish to, and users can have it adapted
to work for their scenario.

Adding RDF (resources description framework) statements that clarifies and
shortens content does not change the web page at all. It is just a linked to
page (or it can sit in the header).

RDF is part of the web now too, and is used a lot by goggle and other
knowledge processing tools.

That is why I try and word things in guidelines as "provide" or "enable"
clear text. The RDF techniques document should then show how that is done
without changing your web page.

Keep well
Lisa seeman