RE: programmatically determined or determined programmatically.

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:45:33 -0500
To: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Gregg wrote:
In working on the combination of 1.4 and 1.5 I observed that the term we
used to use "programmatically determined"  might be easier to contrast
with "programmatically located"  than the new term  "derived
programmatically" that we recently decided to go with.

If we used "programmatically determined" the two definitions would be
to each other and easier to contrast with each other.   They would also
sound basically the same and therefore be easier to contrast.  It is
also unclear why we would use one form for one term and another for the

Gregg, my recollection of the earlier exchanges on this point is that we
actually decided to *replace* "derived programmatically" with
"programmatically determined." So we're all set.