RE: Intro to WCAG 2.0 [was Re: [Fwd: A Call to Reorganize WCAG 2.0]]

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 13:27:44 -0500
To: <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Cc: "Shawn Lawton Henry" <shawn@w3.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Uh<blockquote>
John M Slatin writes:

 > Hi, Shawn. I'm getting a "page cannot be displayed" error when I try
to  > go to  >
 > 	http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/Drafts/sketchpad/wcag20-intro

Interestingly, the above URI works for me with no problems at all.
John replies:
Hmmm. I wonder if this is another instance of the difference between
IE's "quirks" and "standards" modes. In the source document, is there an
xml declaration before the DOCTYPE declaration? I think that triggers
quirks mode, in which there's no telling what will get rendered...