Re: WCAG 1.0 - checkpoint 11.4, policy and parallel web sites

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 14:08, Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:
> This could mean that we could have inaccessible web sites with "n" other parallel web sites.
> This could be good if contents are presented in different "version" by css or xslt, but made "n" parallel sites - imho - means not support the "design for all". I think that this point is one of the point that could be rewieved in a wcag 1.0 second edition and/or with an integration in the cited note (a wcag errata?)

I haven't been involved in WCAG discussions lately, so I am
behind where people in the WCAG WG are in their thinking about this
checkpoint and more generally about alternative content (e.g., whether
it suffices to have a generic version available from which
specially-tailored versions could be produced, whether all alternatives
have to be available client side, whether some tailored
versions could reside on the server until requested, etc.).

I think that your interpretation of WCAG 1.0 is correct. Whether
it is desirable is another question, presumably one the WCAG WG
is considering.

 _ Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447