RE: Searching guidelines and techniques

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 08:46:47 -0500
To: "Gregg Vanderheiden" <gv@trace.wisc.edu>, "Jason White" <jasonw@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Responding to my query about adding a search feature to WCAG 2, Gregg
wrote:
Only the guidelines are normative so that may be the only doc that we
have
restrictions on.   I think Wendy is checking this out in more detail.

John:

Is it the *content* of the Guidelines document that's normative, or is
there also a normative *view* of that content that's also the only
permitted view? Would it be consistent with our own principles to permit
only a single view of the content?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.