Re: Searching guidelines and techniques

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.its.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 14:39:55 +1000 (EST)
To: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, John M Slatin wrote:

> It occurs to me that it might be useful to provide a search engine that
> would help people locate relevant information in the set of WCAG 2.0
> documents (Guidelines, Gateway, Techniques, Checklists). This would be
> another navigation aid, in addition to multiple views (e.g., by
> developer task, by content-type, by technology, by guideline, etc.).

I think this is essentially the same as dynamically generated multiple
views, where a document is generated based on the user's selection and
sorting requirements instead of having a small number of pre-existing
versions of the documentation.

I don't know how this would work given W3C publishing rules and practices
but I can fully appreciate the attractiveness of the idea (from a user's
perspective, not from that of whoever would have to implement the script
to carry it out).