RE: contain edits to HTML techs: Fwd: Proposed changes to Gateway Techniques draft

Michael, thanks for the detailed reply. I agree that some of these things can and should be addressed before publication of this draft, others can wait.

And I understand why you couldn't figure out what I was proposing in my item 4.  Let me try again.

> >4.
> >
> ><current>
> >
> >* Explicit form labels
> >
> ></current>
> >
> ><proposed>
> >
> >·        Text alternatives for graphical buttons (input element of
> >type=âEURimageâEUR)
> >
> ></proposed>
> >
> ><proposed #2>
> >
> >Move the link to information about labeling form controls to Gateway
> >Techniques for Guideline 1.3.
> >
> ></proposed #2>

I'm unclear on what change is requested. If we can get quick clarification we might be able to incorporate it before publication. Otherwise we should address is after publication.

I'm proposing two things:
1. Provide a link from Gateway Techniques for Guideline 1.1 to an  HTML technique for associating text alternatives with <input> elements of type="image."  This is more consistent with the purpose of Guideline 1.1 and its Level 1 success criteria than a link to a technique for explicitly labeling form controls.

Hope this helps!
See you shortly.
John

"Good design is accessible design."