RE: Gateway Techniques draft: responses to two editorial notes

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:45:16 -0500
To: "'Wendy A Chisholm'" <wendy@w3.org>, "'John M Slatin'" <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I think you should keep it in.   Encouraging any response on this is good.
We can edit out later.

Gregg

 -- ------------------------------
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison

>Editorial Note:The use of "clearly" and "concisely" makes this untestable.
>Will that be an issue for readers?
>[js: I hope not-- the idea here is to provide guidance that helps people
>understand what they need to do. We could add a note saying that clarity
>and concision require human judgment, and that such judgment should be
>informed by at least informal feedback from users, or at best by formal
>user testing.]

WAC: My intent with this note was to get feedback from people about what
they expected to see at the gateway level.  Thus, I'm tempted to leave the
note as it is and see if we get any responses. Thoughts?

--wendy