From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Ben Caldwell
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 8:54 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Techniques drafts and UA information

In reviewing the techniques drafts, it occurred to me that they do not
address our intention to include information about user agent support
for various techniques. I think it's important that we let reviewers
know that this information will be included in the future and propose
that we include an editorial note in the introductions for both the CSS
and HTML working drafts as follows:

Editorial note: At this point in time, draft techniques do not include
specific details about user agent support. We anticipate that this
information will be included as the drafts evolve in order to help
authors make informed decisions about which techniques they may or may
not choose to implement in their content. Including this information
will require extensive user-agent and assistive technology testing and
the working group welcomes comments documenting user-agent issues with
current techniques as well as submissions of additional techniques.

--
Ben Caldwell | <caldwell@trace.wisc.edu>
Trace Research and Development Center <http://trace.wisc.edu>