Glossary addition proposal for "link" (Was: Issue #832 Clear link text, etc.)

Jason brought up a good point in last week's meeting that he and I have
been discussing off list. His quoted text follows, and then our proposal
for a solution.

Jason White wrote:

> The problem is that all the proposals say that the "destination"
> (singular) of the "link" (again singular) meets certain requirements.
> Under XLink, a link can have multiple sources and destinations, that
> is, a link can contain multiple arcs connecting sources and
> destinations. To avoid the confusion that would otherwise result, I
> think WCAG would have to say that "link" means arc, and that only
> links which are available to be activated by the user need to meet any
> requirement (excluding links that are followed automatically).

So Jason and I propose the addition of the term "link" to the WCAG 2.0
Appendix A Glossary.

link:
	Link refers to a hyperlink between the current document and a singular
destination. (Here, "link" refers to a singular "arc" in the XLink
specification.) Only links which are available to be activated by the
user need to meet accessibility requirements. This excludes links that
are activated automatically or programmatically.

Any comments on the wording?

Thanks,
James Craig

--