FW: Mock-up of merged WCAG 2.0 and XAG

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:30:38 -0600
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Cc: 'Judy Brewer' <jbrewer@w3.org>, "'Ian B. Jacobs'" <ij@w3.org>

Some time ago Ian Jacobs had proposed a generalized set of accessibility
guidelines that were separate from WCAG  UAAG etc.

Since there is no group or guidelines at that level he later collapsed those
into WCAG 2.0 and proposed a reorg.
This document also approaches the guidelines from a quite different
direction as well.

I have been trying to figure out a way to incorporate this into our
discussion and drafts but it is so different I havent been able.

Apologies to Ian for holding on to it so long as I tried.

As you will see it's is quite different from organization to what
constitutes guidelines.  It doesn't meet many of our requirements but it
shouldn't be taken as a complete set of guidelines -- but rather a
collection of ideas we may find useful in different ways.

Now that we have cleaned up our draft a bit it is a good time to look at
this for ideas

Please keep in mind that this is a mock-up, intended primarily to convey a
particular organization.

[2] http://www.w3.org/2003/11/12-ij-wcag20.html

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.