Re: Backoffice: must conform to WCAG?

From: Jason White <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 21:15:05 +1100
To: "Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Cc: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG writes:

 > >If there is no technical difference I would say that the guidelines
 > >shouldn't draw any distinction. If it is used by a human being then it
 > >qualifies as Web content and the guidelines can be applied to it just
 > >as they apply to other types of content.
 >
 > I agree.

On the other hand, suppose there is a collection of XML data that is
transferred over the Web, but which is not designed or intended to be
presented in a user interface. This is the kind of example that is
usually treated as not being Web content, and to which the guidelines don't
apply.

Question: is there a more accurate way of defining or characterizing
content  which is not designed to appear in a user interface?