RE: simple language testable thing

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:04:26 +0100 (MET)
To: Al Gilman <al.gilman@comcast.net>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> There has always been a tension in the WAI between seeking to
> guarantee *any* access and striving to attain *equal* access.

To keep it short: This was the 'magic point', I wasn't really aware of this
tension, and this issue of course changes my thinking of this topic (although
I'd only relativize some issues I mentioned before). Thank you, Al, the
entire feedback was very valuable to me...

BTW -- Personally, I rather prefer the first approach, but I also like the
aspects the latter assertion implies. There are of course barriers unimpaired
users suffer, and one of them is the kind of language used in documents, but
I question if you can (and should) rule any language use, which is a natural
and growing thing, permanently implying hurdles. That *is* in her nature.

Best regards,
 Jens.

--
Jens Meiert