Re: TECH: WCAG version 1.0 guideline 1.5 image maps and 10.5 adjacent links,

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:40:22 -0500 (EST)
To: David MacDonald <befree@magma.ca>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org, 'Wendy A Chisholm' <wendy@w3.org>

Hi all,

I think there is a changed audience for this item. As far as I know
screenreaders don't choke on it any more. But it's hard for people with low
vision to spot the gaps.

I suspect this would end up lower priority than before, and it may be that we
say it is about people putting styling over the top (if you could expect

  :link:before, :link:after { content: "**" }

to work in a user style sheet then it would be an obvious thing to pass to
the user agent group with the technique as a way of doing it.

cheers

Chaals