Great call. Great progress on 1.1 We missed one item.

From: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:29:55 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

We did a great job of editing 1.1 on the call. However, we missed 1 problem.

Issue 322 asks whether or not 1.1 required that there be a text transcript
for all movies as a part of level 1. If you read it, it in fact does imply
that – even after our edits.

I would suggest that we resolve this problem by slightly editing level 1
success criteria 1, and add the words "multimedia and" so that it reads:

C)  For MULTIMEDIA AND non-text content that is intended to create a
specific sensory experience, such as music or visual art, text alternatives
identify and describe the non-text content.

In addition, Guideline 1.2 could be worded:

Provide synchronized media equivalence for multi-media and interative
presentations.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Depts of Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center
University of Wisconsin-Madison
<http://trace.wisc.edu/> FAX 608/262-8848
For a list of our list discussions http://trace.wisc.edu/lists/