RE: [#832] Clear link text - priority and acceptability of supplemental text

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:34:34 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Perhaps we need success criteria at both Levels 1 and 2 to handle this
issue.

At Level 1 we could say something like:
<proposed #1>
The destination of each link is available to user agents, including
assistive technologies.
</proposed #1>

This would allow use of attributes such as title to supplement
link-identifiers in the default presentaiton.

Then we could make a Level 2 requirement for clear link text in the
default presentation:
<proposed>
The destination of each link is clearly identified in the default
presentation.
</proposed>

John

"Good design is accessible design."