RE: 2.1 level 3 needs rewording

From: John M Slatin <john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:45:45 -0500
To: <jasonw@ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au>, "Web Content Guidelines" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Jason White
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 2:54 am
To: Web Content Guidelines
Subject: RE: 2.1 level 3 needs rewording

Gregg Vanderheiden writes:

 > 	"1. Content is designed so that it can all be operated from a
 > keyboard or keyboard interface."

If I understand rightly, this new wording is simply intended to clarify
what is currently at level 3, and not to make any substantive change.
The difference between level 1 and level 3 is that at level 3, the
exception for interactions that cannot be described in a sentence,
doesn't apply.

Assuming this is right, I agree with Gregg's latest proposal as quoted
above.

I agree also (assuming that Jason is correct in saying that this is an
editorial change rather than a substantive one).

John