Re: [techs] Skip navigation techniques

From: David Dorward <david@us-lot.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:56:57 +0100
To: WAI GL (E-mail) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

On 17 Jun 2004, at 14:51, Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG wrote:

> is good for XHTML 1.1

Also for HTML 4.x

> but this could cause problems about backward compatibility.

The only browser that I know, off the top of my head, which does not
recognise element ids as fragment identifiers is Netscape 4.

> (and we need to check with the screen readers)

I believe (can anyone confirm) that the two big ones, IBM Homepage
Reader and JAWS, are both aural layers on top of MS Internet Explorer
and thus will support id based fragment identifiers.

--
David Dorward
      <http://dorward.me.uk/>