RE: Are transparent backgrounds a bad idea

Hi Tom,

Imagine that you want your graphic to appear round in shape.  Then imagine
that you want to allow the graphic to move across a background image applied
to the page itself as the window is flexed.  Or imagine that you provide
alternate stylesheets with different coloured backgrounds.  The way you'd
normally do this is to make the 'corners' of your graphic invisible.  That's
what I'm talking about.

(Yes, for you experts out there, I know I need to think carefully about
anti-aliasing if this is going to work ;)

Hope that helps,
RI

Richard Ishida
W3C