RE: [TECHS] Techniques Mapped To Guidelines

From: Michael Cooper <michaelc@watchfire.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:50:10 -0400
To: WAI WCAG List <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
For my action item from the 02 July 2004 Techniques Teleconference, I have
proposed a revision to the mapping of HTML Techniques to WCAG 2.0 success
criteria started by Chris in this thread. There are two attached files,
which contain identical information but in a different way. The
gl-to-htmltech file presents Principles, guidelines, and success criteria
and shows the techniques that map to them. The htmltech-to-gl shows the HTML
techniques and the success criteria or guideline that map to them. Almost
all the mappings are at the success criteria level; I only used the
guideline level if I couldn't find a success criterion, but it seemed pretty
clear the guideline mapped. Although the information is the same the two
presentations make different issue pop out.

For me there are a lot of issues raised by these mappings (both for
techniques and for guidelines). I will send those in a follow-up as soon as
I can. Meanwhile this mapping can be used for our agenda in the 09 July 2004
call.

Michael