Re: Contracted words in Hebrew

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:13:07 -0500 (CDT)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Perhaps I asked her the wrong question-- did anyone have something else
> in mind in discussing contractions in Hebrew?

The intent in this patently ridiculous guideline is to force authors to
write kiddie Hebrew and Arabic (and Urdu, Pashto, Dari, and the like,
possibly even Yiddish, a more unusual case) with vowels always in place.
That isn't how we write the adult forms of those languages.

Can we drop this now?

--

    Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
    Expect criticism if you top-post