RE: Agenda April 22th

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 21:08:51 -0500 (CDT)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> So, Joe, how many conformance levels do *you* think there should be? How
> do *you* think they should bedefined?

Two, for the overwhelming factual reasons already adduced on this list, as
contrasted with the gassy ideology backing up a three-level plan.

As for "definition," there are lots of names we could use. Core and
Extended are OK. Easy and Advanced work. B and A don't, really.

> Personally, I prefer three levels. If that makes me a PiG by your
> standards, so be it.

"PiGS," John. Person in Good Standing. The unworkable, alienating, and
counterproductive elitism built into the entire W3C system that WAI only
hauls out when it wants to squelch dissent. This too has been thoroughly
adduced.

--

    Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
    Expect criticism if you top-post