Regrets / comments Re: Agenda April 22th

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:31:29 -0400 (EDT)
To: Gregg Vanderheiden <gv@trace.wisc.edu>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:

>3. Conformance
>
>   - consensus about whether or not all of the 3rd group
>      need to be met to claim 3rd category of conformance?

I am opposed to any model of conformance where you can claim "some/most of a
group of requirements" as opposed to a clear list (potentially with either/or
alternatives. Otherwise comparing conformance claims becomes meaningless, and
trying to use them to determine whether a particular person can expect the
content to work for them is also likely to break down.

>   - what do we want to call the 3 levels of conformance
>         - should we coord w/EO
>         - is the naming more of a marketing than technical issue?)

I think their name is absolutely a marketing issue and we should hand it off
to EO if at all possible.

cheers

Chaals