Re: [wcag2] Layout tables

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 15:27:35 +0200 (MEST)
To: Maurizio Boscarol <maurizio@usabile.it>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hi Maurizio,

> [...] and I have nothing against validators, parsers and such
> algorithmical tools. But I still prefere people, that's all.
> If I can't serve both, then I prefer to serve people.

I don't understand you, I fear -- if you cannot validate a resource (leaving
aside known validator problems related to assessment of semantics, text
quality, etc.), what do you do? Your remarks sound like you wouldn't care
and deliver it to 'the people', because you 'prefer to serve them'.

We're not talking about two different ways of distributing information
('tool' and 'people' channels), but only one way -- and if you cannot
validate a document and/or don't have the heuristics to assess the quality
of a document, it's likely (or at least possible) that people will have
problems to deal with it. CMIIW.

Best regards,
 Jens.

--