Re: D-links (was Conformance Testing Proposal)

From: Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG <rscano@iwa-italy.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:37:36 +0200
To: "WAI-GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Ridpath" <chris.ridpath@utoronto.ca>
To: "WAI-GL" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 3:27 PM
Subject: Re: D-links (was Conformance Testing Proposal)

I think we can all agree that the d-link has got to go. It's an ugly
kludge
that was used because the longdesc was not supported.

Roberto Scano:
I agree... this is an "hack" that must be removed.

Chris Ridpath:
It currently does serve a purpose but, with the longdesc getting more
support, it's becomming useless.
Do we dump it now or wait another year or two?
If kept for a short while, would it be a priority 3?

Roberto Scano:
Personally I suggest to remove from HTML techniques in WCAG 2.0.. and if
is possible to WCAG 1.0 Second Edition...