Re: Agenda for 11 December telecon

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 15:22:02 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Please review the remaining plain language proposals [0].  If there are no
> comments on the list by 17 December,  we will adopt each proposal and move
> forward.

Please don't. To equate silence with approval is presumptuous.

Moreover, you link to *nine* separate messages with significant issues.
Don't try to gloss this one over. Also, as guidelines are rewritten, so
must their plain-language versions, unless they are rewritten in plain
language to start with; in either case, the versions we have been given in
these nine messages are mere betas *and cannot be adopted on the basis of
no complaints about them*.

--

  Joe Clark  |  joeclark@joeclark.org
  Author, _Building Accessible Websites_