RE: Form and label element association

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 16:02:24 +0100 (MET)
To: "lisa seeman" <seeman@netvision.net.il>
Cc: john_slatin@austin.utexas.edu, w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

> [...] I think it would be legitimate to use the title attribute on
> the <input> element to prompt the user *before* she or he tabs to the
> Search button.

<snip />

> What if the place holding text for the text box read "enter search text
> here"

First, John meant use of the title attribute (which IMO is the better
solution) not of place holding text, CMIIW. Second, I rather recommend to say
'enter search text' than 'enter search text here', since 'here' is unnecessary to
say (as is to use 'click here').

Jens Meiert
Interface Architect