Re: Fwd: so, throw all those wonderfull navigation aids away! (RE: Accesskey: there are "techniques"?)

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 20:11:13 -0400 (EDT)
To: Tom Croucher <tcroucher@netalleynetworks.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Much as I can understand UBAccess hoping for this, I think the machinery
behind it is more likely to become an important standard than the particular
set of accesskeys in use. (Essentially they are describing a page map - and
this is something that can be standardised usefully since it isn't essential
that everything conform, but is very helpful if everything that can conform
does).

This is one of the "proposed ideas for how the semantic web can help
accessibility" being put into practice. Before the proposed ideas were
published...

cheers

Chaals